Albright Llc - Albright Electrical Contracting = Generator Installation Train Wreck
The project was to install a Generac standby generator. Everything started out great, the owner came out and checked out my house for the installation. He was very nice and seemed to really know what he was talking about. He was also extremely helpful in guiding me on how to fill out the forms required for the local gas utility. Unfortunately, that's were the good news ends. After being told that this was an "easy, straight-forward job" my experience was not all easy. The installation process dragged out for exactly 6 months, and could only be described as nothing short of a nightmare of an ordeal. After signing the contract, 5 weeks went by before I head anything at all, and that was only after I called them. Finally a date was set and the guys show up to install the mounting pad with no construction permit. Coincidentally a town official was on site inspecting work on another project and was nice enough to give them and me a warning and not push the issue.
Day-2 they show up to work on the electrical, again no permit. On day 3 as the installation was wrapping up, I am pulled outside to be told that they had miscalculated the length of the gas pipes, therefore it will cost me an additional $500.00. BUT WAIT! I am told that if I leave a really nice review on the Generac website, they will waive the extra $500.00. After the install, the system was tested and kept failing. It turns out that they had installed a single coil transfer switch which had been recalled by the Generac over a year ago. So that had to be replaced and it was, after another 3 weeks of waiting for the part.. The system was tested and seemed to work, but then 36 hours later it went into fail mode. Throughout this entire miserable ordeal, dozens of emails went back and forth, hostile phone calls, and at one point the owner told me I was one of the nastiest, and unreasonable people he had ever encountered. So it is no wonder, why they chose not to come out again and figure out why the system had failed. I ultimately hired another company to come out and they found the firmware to be out of date and most shockingly, the reason the unit kept shutting down was that a large blue plastic cap was lodged in the fuel intake line.
There are no words to express the amount of stress these people put me through, not to mention the time and now the extra expense. Please don't make the same mistake I made... stay far away.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Generac Standby Generator
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I'd like to caution any fellow Home Depot customers having issues with flooring installation or considering Home Depot for flooring. My ordeal began in early December 2014 and resolved with..."
- "Carpet install on (2) sets of 5 steps, pieced together, cut wrong, installed using 2 different methods, missing padding. Luxury vinyl tile install, installer cut new flooring on top of..."
- "This company deals with â€œhalf truths.â€ Upon hiring, you are promised a seemingly incredible income, with all types of advancement opportunities. Strictly for the birds.As a salesperson, you are..."
- "Sold windows by a rep named Lazlo who claims he makes over 100k per year- Too much information. Upon our installation we were given entirely different storm doors than..."
- "I was just trying to enjoy my meal when I felt something weird in my mouth while I was chewing. Upon inspection, I found that it was a sharp little..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."
- "Your store in NJ did honor the $ 300.00 gift card which was given to me from Chicago store for purchasing the $ 6000 worth of furniture last year and..."